Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fraser "More awesome than a lazer" Island

Woo hoo, Fraser Island!

Another Picture Update- just spent the last two nights on Fraser Island (we're in Hervey Bay right now) & it.was.beautiful.

The only place in the world where the rainforest grows completely on sand. ALSO a lot of freshwater lakes/streams on the island, pouring out into the ocean. Dingos, whales, Aboriginees (3), & planet Earth at its prettiest! :)

Check it out:
Right when we got to Fraser Island- took a 4x4 badass vehicle around the island & stopped to float down a freshwater creek. HI, I'M ON A BEAUTIFUL BEACH & THE WATER'S CLEAR AS GLASS!!


At a beautiful lookout point where we watched Humpback whales migrate up the coast. FREE THE LEASHED KIDS OR I'M JUMPING, I SWEAR!

CRIKEY! Dingo tracks! I think my mom has more to worry about than snakes & sharks- Dingos roam this island like pigeons. P.S. Morning sunrise? Yes, please!

Better picture of the sunrise right on the beach! (Yes, I woke up in time for it.)

HUGE sand dunes at Lake Wabby (well, everywhere) on Fraser Island. Makes you feel like you're in a desert! Imagine rolling down a sand dune into a lake... pretty cool, hey?

Beautiful crystal clear lakes on Fraser Island.

This sand at the lakes we visited is supposed to exfoliate/soften hair/shiney-up coins, jewelry and TEETH. (Yes, I tried it- been crunchin on sand for a few hours now.) My skin feels softer, my hair is silkier & my jewelry.looks.good. I'm livin' like Luda on this island.

Also:
1. I have a new theory I might try concerning the halitosis in the morning- brushing my teeth with Invisilign AGAIN before I go to bed, yeah? We'll see.

2. Playing frisbee on quite possibly one of the most beautiful islands in the world? Awesome. :)

3. We have "Target" in the states, right? They have "Target." Like a period makes a difference? Same place, but with a period. But I'm convinced that tiny punctuation mark has a hidden meaning. I'm on it- I'll let you know what I find.

Just gonna go eat some sangas in my ute with my new friends!
-Rory-cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment