Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Crikey!

At our next destination: Fraser Island!

We'll be out of touch for a few days, exploring and stuff, but everything keeps getting more and more beautiful as we head up north. Check back for some pictures from Fraser Island that I'm sure will be crazy-beautiful.

A few things:

1. I haven't gotten to really experience the toilet flushing in the opposite [wrong] direction because all the toilets here are "eco-friendly" and are just powerful flushing-machines that happen so fast that you can't tell. I'm serious, I've looked many times. Yesterday, I got a small hint of what might be toilet water flushing clockwise (USA=counter-clockwise) but I have yet to experience it in its entirety.

2. THERE WAS A LEASHED CHILD AT THE AUSTRALIA ZOO! Of course. I told you in my post preceding the Zoo trip, that if I didn't see a leashed child, I was going to tattoo an outline of Australia on my forehead. Towards the end of the day, I was happy, but starting to sweat a little and lo and behold... a poor tot with - yup, you guessed it - a koala "backpack." Terrible, I know.

3. CRIKEY! They don't have hula dancers here, they have STEVE IRWINs!

That's it for now, I made a video at the beautiful Tea Tree Beach this morning but I'll have to figure out how to post it :) [shared computers aren't always the most obedient].

G'day until after Fraser Island!

-Rora

No comments:

Post a Comment