Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Surf-camp, brah!

Woo hoo! Free internet here at Surf-camp!

A few things!

1. The Aussies are totally not offended that I keep imitating them to practice my accent. Apparently I'm more English than I intend but I'm getting there. (Kind of)

2. These goofs walk on the wrong side of the stairs, too. We all know stairs are an awkward place to run into someone and do the "Which way are you going?" dance, but I've had to do it a few times because I can't learn to walk on the left.

3. I swear I have the worst morning breath down here. I'm not kidding, it's elevated to an extreme new halitosis classification, and I can't do anything about it except brush my teeth of course. I'll keep you updated on ways I find to avoid it.

4. Bean-o. Knew I was going to have beans for dinner the other night (and I don't usually have bad gas problems) but I thought I'd take a bean-o tablet before to be considerate. (We ARE staying in hostels aka group bunking.) I never ate weird things as a child but that shit tasted like straight up CHALK. The worst part is you have to CHEW them not swallow them. You're welcome roommates, for eating something probably not edible in order to combat gas.

5. Another language lesson: Fanny pack does not mean the same thing in Australia. Fanny = Vagina. I learned this the hard way when asking our group leader (Holly, who is Australian) if I should take my Fanny out now or later. After realizing my mistake, I promised her I'd keep my Fanny away for the rest of the trip.

THAT'S ALL! I'm getting used to sleeping out of my swag (sleeping bag) [[Got my swag onnnnn]] and not cringing when I'm walking on wet tile (good thing I brought my flip flops for shower shoes).

Talk to you soon! Hopefully I'll have some pictures from surfing tomorrow WOO HOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment