Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm a "Pocket Rocket"??

YAY SURF CAMP!

So much fun!
My goal was just to stand up on the board, and *ahem* yes, I did it a few times and rode a few baby waves- really exciting!

I kept wanting to go at it- Liz & I (at times) were the only ones out there trying to get some waves. (So badass, I know.)
Our funny Aussie surf coach (or one of them at least), Dame-o (Damien?), called me his little American pocket rocket. (??) Haha I think he was impressed at my ability to get smashed in the face by water and still want more! YEAHHHHHH

He then went on to explain to me that I'm like a box of Hot Tamales. (Just imagine it in an Aussie accent.)

Also: threw the frisbee around with a German (who looks EXACTLY like Taylor Hershberger), an Englishman, a couple Icelandic girls, and Aussies of course!! Ultimate INTERNATIONAL frisbee.

That's it for today- my skin turned black (not really, I just got REAAALL tan real fast) and I'm learning that the German (Justus) and the Englishman (Tom) really like Corona, which seems funny to me. Justus is also the first to tell you if you're funny. "You so fun-nyyyy."

Out for another day tomorrow!

P.S. Just hung my wet laundry out to dry (I'm talkin clothesline style) and it started pouring.

No comments:

Post a Comment