Monday, July 12, 2010

Pikcha Opdate!

Well hi.
I have so many pictures I wish I could post them all but I'll wait for a Facebook album :)

Since surf-camp we went to Byron Bay which was a pretty sweet little beach/surf town about 7 hours north of Crescent Head (Surf-camp). I'm starting to think in Australian, but alas, my accent has not caught up yet.

Byron had a lot of sightseeing and hanging out for us to do- we also went ocean kaYAKing. And by kaYAKing I mean I almost ralphed-spewed-threw up-yacked.
I wasn't going to say anything but Alaina & Rachel (two of the girls in our group) said, "Dude I think I'm gonna yak" and WE ALL RAISED OUR HANDS IN AGREEMENT.

Luckily, I did not grace the ocean blue with my breakfast, so YOUR WELCOME beautiful dolphins that we passed on our way out to sea.

I've got a few pictures I want to share so check it out!

One of my faves --> From when we went to the Blue Mountains to see the Three Sisters!
["BLAHHH I'M IN AUSTRALIAAAAAA"]

Here we have our international friends that we met at surf-camp- the Icelandic girls, Adda & Julia & Mr. Germany- Justus! (They're the ones that I was teaching some frisbee to.)


Check out Damo, our surf-instructor. Definitely taught us some life lessons :) And also constructively criticized my accent-practicing. [Also the one to deem me "Pocket Rocket"]

Another surf-instructor, Davey, who just happened to be in Byron Bay as well. Helped me sing a song about Maddee. (Maddee=girl traveling in my group. Asked her 50 questions consecutively about her life & sang a song back to her. My goal= to weird her out. It worked.)

I caught some waves! I look cool in mi wetties, right? Hey, I tandem-surfed too- way fun I wish I had a picture of it!

Beautiful sights at Plomer Point near Crescent Head (Surf-camp!)

More beautiful sights- this time at Byron Bay. Walking up to the lighthouse where we watched the sun set. Called dibs on my getaway house- built into the side of the mountain, overlooking the beach. Thennn broke a sweat climbing the stairs- watched the sunset- & I think I got ants in my pants. Literally. We'll never know- I couldn't check right away so hopefully if ants made it inside my pants, they died.

Just wanted to creep on this family. Just kidding- thought it was a cool view :)

The view from the lighthouse! (Approximately where I [may have gotten] ants in my pants.)



A few more things:

-Bunked right next to our fearless leader Holly when we stayed at Byron Beach. Asked her if she wanted to watch me put my retainer in. No worries, she humored me.

-Yes, I AM pissed that I'm missing the Bachelorette, thank you for asking. But fear not, I AM keeping up. (Chels/SOMEONE: DVR it for me!!!!)

-Devastating news: "Doodle" here does not mean... well "to doodle." Our surf-instructors explained that a doodle is a male bodily organ- yup you guessed it. I was flabberghasted. These Aussies have it all wrong! CMON I have a DOODLE BOOK at home. What do you do when you're in class? You DOODLE. Nope, not here. Crazies.

-Also: I told you these Aussies don't leash their children (or not yet at least) and I'm believing they don't leash their children either- they don't even leash their dogs! But we're going to the zoo tomorrow, so we'll see if this holds true. If it is, and I don't see any leashed children, I'm getting a tattoo of Australia on my forehead.

G'DAY!
-Ror

No comments:

Post a Comment