Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hello Mr. Sydney Australia!

Highlights thus far:

-(Darklight) --as in yes... this was a bad moment: not one but TWO leashed children in the LAX airport. THEY'RE NOT PETS PEOPLE! Giving your child a furry backpack with a leash doesn't make it cute. And get real- we know you can't carry anything in those so-called "backpacks." Terrible...

-LAX waiting for 7 hours for my flight to Australia: Met a new friend named Kim... MALE friend that is! Told me everything I needed to know...

-VAustralia plane trip: watching 3 [good] movies, listening to [good] music (all provided by the touch-screen in front of me!) and playing an unlimited amount of tetris and bejeweled. The new friend next to me (also on the same trip/with the same group as me) tried to challenge me and say he was going to bejewel the shit out of me (take it for face value) and alas, I still beat him by a couple thousand points.

P.S. The plane looked like the inside of a club.

-Telling the Australian customs man that I didn't know what I was doing. He called me a "blog." Unfortunately, that's what you are, Mr. Blog. So, I come to this conclusion: were blogs invented by Australians in an attempt to make Americans look silly? ("Oh, look at that ole bloke, bloggin away"---"Yes, I'm a blogger") Think about it.

Blog = someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Other words that I'm learning:

Cuddle = hug
Notes = bills
Brekke = breakfast (they abbreviate everything!)
Jumper = sweatshirt

I am on to continue conquering.

P.P.S. Thank you, Mr. Duffel Bag for not losing anything and for making your way back into my arms in Sydney!! If only you had wheels...

2 comments:

  1. have fun ARory. i went once and had a BLASTOO. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what Kim gets for trying to play video games against a person of partial Asian descent. Unless Kim is Asian, too. In that case, he has no excuse.

    ReplyDelete